Winter Solstice has been and gone and the temperature has plummeted over the past week with the first dumps of snow, winter is well and truly here. With that winter colds have come along, I sort of thought we would have a bit of a reprieve this year, but maybe not.
I think everyone has memories of supermarket branded vapour guard being rubbed across their chest at night time, these days we know about all the toxic ingredients packed into those little plastic containers and we head to the health shop only to pay through the roof for something natural. But making your own natural breathe balm is so easy to make yourself. Once you know how to make it, you can chop and change the recipe around using different carrier oils and adding different essential oils to make a host of other healing balms.
Winter Nights Salve
- 15g Beeswax
- 100mls Oil of your choice. I used a liquid coconut oil
- 10-20 drops of doTERRA essential Oils. I used 12 Drops of doTERRA Easy Air and 6 drops Lavender I also think a Rosemary and Eucalyptus blend would be lovely to.
- Small glass containers
- Place beeswax and your oil in a double boiler (I used a pot and a glass jar).
- Heat on low until the beeswax is melted.
- Remove from the heat and add you oils.
- Pour into small clean jars or tins.
- Cool completely before popping on the lid.
- Store in a cool dark place.
This recipe makes roughly 120mls of balm which I poured into three 30ml jars and three 10ml aluminium test tins.
If you want to know more about doTERRA essential oils and how to purchase please click here.